Secure Box is an application that offers additional commands for terminal applications.
Package includes secure shell commands (client, key management, file transfer, agent,
daemon) and commands for management of keys, X.509 certificates, digests and etc.
The Secure Shell (SSH) is a protocol for secure remote login and other secure network
services over an insecure network. It is intended to provide secure encrypted
communications between two untrusted hosts over an insecure network.
Main features </>
Secure shell commands are port of PKIX-SSH (feature richest ssh implementation in the world) to Android platform.
PKIX-SSH offers widest and up to date range of supported key algorithms, chippers, macs for secure shell protocol.
For instance supported public key algorithms include X.509 certificate based keys:
- EC : x509v3-ecdsa-sha2-nistp256, x509v3-ecdsa-sha2-nistp384, x509v3-ecdsa-sha2-nistp521
- RSA : x509v3-sign-rsa,x509v3-ssh-rsa
- DSA : x509v3-sign-dss,x509v3-ssh-dss
As well it support public key algorithms based on plan public keys:
- EC : ecdsa-sha2-nistp256,ecdsa-sha2-nistp384,ecdsa-sha2-nistp521
- RSA : ssh-rsa,rsa-sha2-256,rsa-sha2-512
- Ed25519 : ssh-ed25519
- DSA : ssh-dss
Client and server support extension negotiation mechanism.
This Feature in used in adaptive public key algorithm selection.
Auxiliary commands for management of keys, X.509 certificates, digests and etc are provided
by OpenSSL command line tool.
This list of commands includes, but not limited to,
key management commands like ec and ecparam, rsa, dsa and dsaparam, genpkey and pkey,
commands for management of X.509 certificates, revocation list and authorities - x509, crl and ca,
commands for key data management - pkcs12, pkcs8 and pkcs7,
commands for operation will keys - pkeyutl,
time stamping authority tool - ts.
The complete list of commands including manual pages is available on application web-site.
Application is best integrated with terminal "TermOne Plus" - it requires "TermOne Plus" permission "Override path" to be granted to it.
Also "Override path" has to allowed in "TermOne Plus" preferences.
- 18 Dec 2018
Released version 2.0.0.
- Packaged with PKIX-SSH v11.6.
Fixed crash on 64-bit Android OS-es.
For other improvement see PKIX-SSH pages.
- Use "androidx" packages as replacement of support libraries.
- 20 Nov 2018
Released version 1.5.0.
- Packaged with OpenSSL 1.1.0j.
- For status of "TermOne Plus" application use "runtime" broadcast receiver.
This avoids restriction for implicit broadcasts on Android 8.0 (Oreo, API level 26) or higher.
- 19 Oct 2018
Released version 1.4.0.
- Packaged with PKIX-SSH v11.5.
- Target compatibility with Android 9.0 (Pie, API 28).
This implies minimum supported version Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich, API 14)
- 25 Aug 2018
Released version 1.3.1.
- Packaged with PKIX-SSH v11.4 and OpenSSL 1.1.0i.
- 16 Jun 2018
Released version 1.3.0.
- Monitor status of "TermOne Plus" package.
- Request dynamically "TermOne Plus" permission "PREPEND_TO_PATH".
- Packaged with PKIX-SSH v11.3.2.
- 8 Apr 2018
Released version 1.2.2.
- Packaged with PKIX-SSH v11.3.1 and OpenSSL 1.1.0h.
- 12 Feb 2018
Released version 1.2.1.
- Packaged with PKIX-SSH v11.2.
- 21 Dec 2017
Released version 1.2.0.
- Packaged with PKIX-SSH v11.1.
- Script wrappers updated to work with native shell on Android devices before 4.1 (Jelly Bean).
- 8 Oct 2017
Released version 1.1.0.
- Packaged with OpenSSL 1.1.0g including sample configuration and short form of commands.
- 8 Oct 2017
Released version 1.0.2.
- 25 May 2017
Released version 1.0.1
(source and android package).
- 21 May 2017
Released source version 1.0.0
and published android package.
- 27 Apr 2017
Make source code repostory public.
Android package is available on Google Play Store.
Development of SecureBox is maintained in public
, hosted by GitLab.com.