openssl-speed, speed - test library performance
] [ -engine id
] [ -elapsed
] [ -decrypt
] [ algorithm...
This command is used to test the performance of cryptographic algorithms. To see
the list of supported algorithms, use the list --digest-commands
- Print out a usage message.
- -engine id
- specifying an engine (by its unique id string) will
cause speed to attempt to obtain a functional reference to the
specified engine, thus initialising it if needed. The engine will then be
set as the default for all available algorithms.
- Measure time in real time instead of CPU time. It can be
useful when testing speed of hardware engines.
- -evp algo
- Use the specified cipher or message digest algorithm via
the EVP interface.
- Time the decryption instead of encryption. Affects only the
- [zero or more test algorithms]
- If any options are given, speed tests those
algorithms, otherwise all of the above are tested.
Copyright 2000-2016 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved.
Licensed under the OpenSSL license (the "License"). You may not use
this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain a copy in the
file LICENSE in the source distribution or at